IMac 27" Retina 5K
Apple iMac Overview
Apple weds high-res 5K visuals into its sleek, 5mm thin, mid 2017 27" iMac with Retina 5K Display. With a 5120 x 2880 screen resolution, this iMac provides 1 billion colors and 500 nits of brightness, which is 43% brighter than the previous model. The Retina 5K display also features a wider color gamut. Using a P3-based color gamut, the Retina 5K display provides a larger color space that more equally represents red, green, and blue, as compared to standard sRGB displays. And with more available colors, the images will appear more vivid and reveal greater detail, with more balance and precision.
The iMac's processor has been upgraded and now houses a 7th-gen Kaby Lake 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor that can be overclocked up to 3.8 GHz, as well as 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM. Visuals are powered by a dedicated AMD Radeon Pro 570 graphics card with 4GB of vRAM, and for storage, there is a 1TB Fusion Drive.
Outfitted with 802.11ac Wi-Fi and backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n for speedy hook-ups to your home network, this iMac is also configured with Bluetooth 4.2, as well as a UHS-II SDXC card slot, two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports, four 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A ports, a Gigabit Ethernet jack, and a FaceTime HD camera. It also has a Kensington lock slot for added security.
Apple's 27" iMac with Retina 5K Display (Mid 2017) operates using 100-240 VAC at 50-60 Hz and includes an Apple Magic Keyboard, an Apple Magic Mouse 2, a Lightning to USB cable, and a power cord. The installed operating system is macOS High Sierra, and protection is provided by a limited 1-year warranty, which can be extended using AppleCare.
Please note that this Mac may come with an earlier version of macOS. You can upgrade to the latest version through the Mac App Store app.
- 27" Retina 5K IPS Display
- Whether your iMac is in your studio, living room, or kitchen, the display is the focal point. With a 5120 x 2880 screen resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to playback 5K content natively. The IPS panel allows for wider viewing angles so more people can enjoy the display without having to crowd around it. With a dedicated AMD Radeon Pro 570 graphics card and 4GB of vRAM, the iMac delivers visual effects and 3D graphics, as well as video editing capabilities that can tackle multicam projects in Final Cut Pro X with up to five streams of full-res 4K video, as well as the ability to edit 360° video and create 3D VR content.
- 7th-Gen Kaby Lake Quad-Core Intel Core Performance
- The iMac houses a 7th-Gen Kaby Lake Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor that can reach a stock speed of 3.4 GHz. It can also be overclocked up to 3.8 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 7th-gen Kaby Lake Intel processor uses low voltage for better energy efficiency while still providing fast performance needed to run processor-intensive applications such as Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro. Combined with 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, the iMac allows you to multitask quickly and efficiently.
- External Displays
- The iMac simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and either one 5120 x 2880 (5K) external display at 60 Hz with support for 1 billion colors, two 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) external displays at 60 Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or two 4096 x 2304 (4K) external displays at 60 Hz with support for millions of colors.
- Thin Design
- The iMac maintains its 5mm profile, which is up to 40% less volume than the 2011 iMac. Its display panel is 1.4mm thin.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.2
- With three-stream 802.11ac technology, you're instantly connected to all your favorite content. Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- For a more reliable network connection, take advantage of wired Gigabit Ethernet technology.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) ports come standard on all iMac models, each delivering up data transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s external drives and cameras, plus twice the bandwidth for video and display connectivity. Thunderbolt 3 also supports 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 and DisplayPort 1.2. Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA output is also supported using adapters (sold separately).
- USB 3.0
- With USB 3.0, you can transfer large files in seconds instead of minutes. Every iMac comes with four 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A ports - with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 - and you can connect all your USB-compatible devices, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod or digital camera.
- Up to 32GB RAM
- While the current 8GB memory configuration is made up of two 4GB modules, the memory can be upgraded to a maximum of 32GB, using an 8GB chip in each of the four 260-pin SO-DIMM sockets.
- FaceTime HD Camera
- A built-in FaceTime HD camera allows users to use apps such as FaceTime and Skype for video calls.
Apple iMac Specs
Operating System macOS Display Panel Type IPS Size 27" Aspect Ratio 16:9 Resolution 5120 x 2880 Touchscreen None Finish Glossy Maximum Brightness 500 cd/m2 Refresh Rate 60 Hz Adaptive Sync Technology None Storage and Expansion Total Installed Capacity 1 TB Hybrid Storage 1 x 1 TB Integrated Fusion Drive Expansion Slots None Optical Drive None I/O Ports 4 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C Ports 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Supports DisplayPort) Audio 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone Output Built-In Speakers 2 Built-In Microphones 1 Media Card Slots 1 x SDXC Communications Ethernet 1 x RJ45 (Gigabit) Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz) Bluetooth 4.2 GPS None NFC None Webcam User-Facing: 720p General Security Kensington Lock Slot AC Input Power 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz Dimensions 25.6 x 20.3 x 8" / 65 x 51.6 x 20.3 cm Weight 20.8 lb / 9.4 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 32.5 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 31.0 x 24.2 x 11.0"