MacBook Pro 15"
Experience the innovative interface of the Touch Bar in the mid 2018 space gray Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
The 15.4" Retina Display has a 2880 x 1800 resolution. It also supports the P3 color gamut, which allows for more vibrant colors. This ensures true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details, which are essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing. With True Tone technology, the white balance automatically adjusts to match the color temperature of the light around you for a more natural viewing experience.
The Touch Bar places controls right at your fingertips and adapts to different apps to provide useful functions without having to navigate complex menus or memorize keyboard shortcuts. Replacing the function keys in the top row of the keyboard, the Touch Bar features a Retina-quality display and supports multi-touch input.
The power button has been upgraded with a Touch ID sensor, so you can quickly log into your MacBook Pro using your fingerprint. You can also use Touch ID to make purchases over the web, thanks to Apple Pay. Touch ID enables a quick, accurate reading of your fingerprint and uses sophisticated algorithms to recognize and match it with the Secure Enclave in the Apple T2 chip. It also brings "Hey Siri" function to the Mac.
The system features an 8th Gen Coffee Lake 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 six-core processor, 16GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 onboard memory, a 512GB PCIe-based SSD, four Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) ports, a Force Touch trackpad, a keyboard with a 3rd-gen butterfly mechanism, stereo speakers with double the dynamic range of its predecessor as well as improved bass, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology, and even a 3.5mm headphone jack.
This Mac comes preloaded with macOS. Updates can be downloaded for free via the Mac App Store. Please check Apple's website for upgrade eligibility.
- True Tone Technology
- With True Tone technology, the display and Touch Bar deliver a more natural viewing experience for design and editing workflows, as well as everyday tasks like browsing the web and writing email.
- Apple T2 Chip
- With the Apple T2 chip, the MacBook Pro delivers enhanced system security with support for secure boot and on-the-fly encrypted storage, and also brings "Hey Siri" to the Mac.
- Touch Bar
- The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable. The multi-touch, Retina-quality display changes automatically based on what you're doing, from showing traditional system controls, such as volume and brightness, to more directly interacting with or browsing through content. Intelligent typing features like emoji and predictive text improve the typing experience, and you'll be able to customize the Touch Bar to fit your needs. The Touch Bar can also adapt to apps, such as Mail, Safari, Messages, and even third-party apps like Adobe Photoshop, so you'll have access to useful functions previously hidden in menus.
- Touch ID
- A Touch ID sensor has been integrated into the power button, so you can quickly log into your account, even when another user is logged in. You can also use it with Apple Pay to securely purchase things over the web.
- Retina Display
- The 15.4" Retina Display has a 2880 x 1800 resolution and features brighter LED backlighting than its predecessor as well as an increased contrast ratio, delivering deeper blacks and brighter whites. Its larger pixel aperture and variable refresh rate make it more power efficient than previous generations. It also supports the P3 color gamut, which allows for more vibrant colors. This ensures true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details, which are essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing.
- Force Touch Trackpad
- The Force Touch trackpad on the 15.4" MacBook Pro takes all the capabilities of multi-touch and adds force sensors that detect subtle differences in the amount of downward pressure you apply. This lets you have a deeper connection to your content, bringing more functionality right to your fingertip. It also introduces haptic feedback to MacBook Pro, allowing you not just to see what's happening on the screen, but to feel it. With multi-touch, you can use realistic gestures like swiping or pinching to switch between apps, navigate your content, and get the most out of your desktop space.
- Thinner & Lighter
- The 15.4" MacBook Pro features a redesigned enclosure design and all-metal unibody construction that creates a rigid and dense notebook that is also thin and light. At just 15.5 mm thin, the 15.4" MacBook Pro weighs just four pounds.
- The speakers have been totally redesigned to provide as much as twice the dynamic range and up to 58 percent more volume, with two-and-a-half-times louder bass for maximum boom. Plus, they're connected directly to system power, enabling up to three times more peak power.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously or one multi-panel 5K display. The Macbook Pro has four ports, with each pair using a dedicated bus.
Apple MacBook Pro Specs
Performance CPU 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 6-Core Maximum Boost Speed 4.3 GHz Memory Type 2400 MHz DDR4 Total Installed Memory 16 GB Available Memory Slots None Graphics Type Dedicated GPU AMD Radeon Pro 560 X with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM Display Panel Type IPS Size 15.4" Aspect Ratio 16:10 Resolution 2880 x 1800 Touchscreen None Finish Glossy Maximum Brightness 500 cd/m2 Refresh Rate 60 Hz Adaptive Sync Technology None Storage and Expansion Total Installed Capacity 512 GB Solid State Storage 1 x 512 GB Integrated PCIe Expansion Slots None Optical Drive None I/O USB Type-C Ports 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (Supports DisplayPort) Audio 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone Output Built-In Speakers 2 Built-In Microphones 3 Media Card Slots None Communications Ethernet None Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) Bluetooth 5.0 GPS None NFC None Webcam User-Facing: 720p Battery Battery Chemistry Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo) Watt Hours / Type 83.6 Wh Non-Removable Maximum Runtime 10 Hours Keyboard & Mouse Keyboard 64-Key Notebook Keyboard with Backlight Pointing Device TouchPad General Power Supply 87 W AC Input Power 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz Dimensions 13.8 x 9.5 x 0.6" / 35.1 x 24.1 x 1.5 cm Weight 4 lb / 1.8 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 7.11 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 16.2 x 11.3 x 3.7"